It is hard to know if you are doing the right thing for your aging loved one or your client. You ask yourself, are they safe? What will happen if things don't go as planned? Is there something we should be doing?
We understand that there is no single option that works for everyone. Our consultants are here to figure out what steps need to be taken to enhance your loved one's safety and quality of life. Our Life Care Consulting service will help you, or your loved one, successully age in place at home and in the community.
Our Unique Intervention Process
Concentrated around an in-home face to face assessment and paired with follow-up telephone consultations, our process is specifically geared toward finding answers that are tailored to fit both the loved one’s and caregiver’s personal needs.
- A brief telephone consultation within 3-5 business days from initial inquiry
- Our unique @Home Risk Assesment which includes:
- Environmental risk factors
- An evaluation that assesses unment, partially met, and met needs
- Medication review
- Falls risk assessment
- Cognition assessment
- Within 5 business days, the caregiver will receive a Safely Navigate Aging in Place (SNAP) comprehensive assessment that outlines what was learned during the @Home Risk Assessment, what solutions will assist in achieving positive outcomes, and specific steps to take to meet their – and their loved one's – identified healthcare and personal care needs.
- A follow-up face to face visit or a phone call to review the SNAP comprehensive assessment and answer any questions that may arise.
- All subsequent consulting calls and/or follow-up appointments are arranged and billed separately.
We understand that there are times when care planning becomes complicated and there are legal processes for issues involving elder abuse and financial exploitation cases, probate and trust administration, asset preservation, transfers of assets, guardianships and conservatorships. Our staff is able to assist elder care attorneys in gaining the information needed in order to best represent a loved one or family in court. We always stand behind our clinical assessments and our staff is willing to testify on their observations and findings.
For more information on our Private Care Management and Consulting, please call us at 1.800.639.1553.